Friday 19 August 2011

Summer Camp - Better Off Without You



Since we spun 'I Want You' back in November 2010 Elizabeth Sankey's vox have been sweeping between my consciousness and sub-consciousness, humming these beautifully infectious pop melodies at all times of the day. Excited for a refreshing reunion to Summer Camps perfectly mastered sound, I was not dissapointed. The vocals scream Blondie, with supurbly blunt lyrics giving an insight into the mind of the girl that pulls the boys heart strings. What made me play the track 3 times on repeat? Hearing original pop music for the first time since the pop world swallowed itself and the Top 40 turned into a belching bile producing money making after thought. Some songs need a Facebook/Twitter campain to get themselves into the Top 10, I think this track could do it off its own back, and I also think we'd be much better off for it.

Words from Matt Hardy



No comments:

Post a Comment