Friday 14 September 2012

Indian Summer Winds



Times of struggle are often great times of innovation and a special type of productivity. This obviously doesn't apply to this blog which has been a drift afloat in the Wifi-ether for about 9 months. I've been here, I didn't fall over board. I've just been quiet, really fucking quiet. Self-indulgently gorging on every bang, squeak and melody that blows through my headphones.

I've been listening intently as each album has made its splash this year, but like a good back seat driver I’ve kept my gob shut. Before I clean the barnacles off laptop and start to type freely, this should be a good musical map of where I’ve been. Enjoy.

1. Metronomy – English Rivera
2. The Congos – Heart of the Congo
3. Django Django - Django Django
4. Pete and the Pirates - One Thousand Pictures
5. The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles
6. John Cooper Clarke – Word of Mouth
7. Alt J – An Awesome Wave
8. Arctic Monkeys – Suck it and See
9. The Black Keys - El Camino
10. The XX – Coexist
11. The Horrors – Skying
12. Robert Johnson – Red Hot Blues
13. Scroobius Pip – Distraction Pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment